Search This Blog

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Smoked Eye of Round

Over the weekend, I wanted to try some new brisket flavors on something cheaper than a brisket.  So, I picked up a nice eye of round and tried my new flavor profile...

First, I injected with 1/3 cup each of the following:

Moores Marinade
Beef Stock
Canola Oil

Then, I dusted the outside with Oakridge Santa Maria Rub...




Then, I heated up the Stretch to 350 F and put some hickory in the ash pan for some smoke.  The eye of round went on the top rack...


When the meat hit 100 F internal, I flipped over to crust up the other side.  Then, when the meat hit 145 F, I pulled and let rest for 5 minutes, then sliced.  Total cook time was about two hours...



Served with some red potatoes that I roasted with butter and garlic.  I placed on a cookie sheet and put on the bottom rack of the Stretch.  About 40 minutes of roast time...


Served with a side of horsey sauce for the beef...


I love the Santa Maria rub from Oakridge.  Nice garlic flavor with a bite.  There are also some other flavors that just go well with beef.  I think I have found a new brisket rub.  Everyone at work loved the slices on crusty bread with cheddar cheese and horsey sauce!

Thanks for stopping by...

Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment